We have been working on this all weekend non-stop pretty much. Most functions are tested and ready to go.
It's 1:30 a.m here, Tcho has work tomorrow, and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. We're stopping for the night, as much as we'd love to get this patch out tonight, and believe me, we tried.. lol.
I think we should have it 'done' tomorrow, I don't want to say 100% guarantee, but it's a damn good chance.
Esper inheritance is now fixed.
If for some reason it does not work for you, full check ,if it still doesn't work for you after full check, leave a message here or pm me on forums.
New patch on the weekend.
It's hard to believe, but it's been 1 year since I started Jade Monkey from my tiny apartment in New York, with no knowledge about the game and no idea what I was getting into. We've come a long way since then, and I've been lucky enough to be joined by great staff and co-owners such as Perryl, Ember, ChenChao, and many more. Thanks!
We wouldn't be here today without the hard work of all the staff, and the continued support from all you players out there.
So as a thank you, we will be providing the following bonuses for the next week:
- Double Vote Rewards
- Double Donation Rewards
- Everyone will receive a 600 jaden (one time)!
And without further adieu, here are the patch notes for this huge patch (thanks to Perryl for his hard work on this!):
- Added Ice Pegasus to the Monkey shop for 3000 coins.
- Added the Little Sheep Pack to the Monkey Shop for 2500 coins.
- Added Sage Compass to the Marketplace for 1 Jaden each.
- Due to misconfigured drop rates, Athans had lower drop rates than Humans in MTH. This has been fixed, and the Athan parts will now drop at the same rate as the Human ones.
- Added the CP and MTH vouchers to the daily reward pack. Once you spend an hour online you will receive them both, once per day. They are not tradeable.
- Added in an exchange so you can trade your unwanted ores and orbs for beads. You will find this exchange in the Monkey NPC.
- Readded SO/SS/Demoblood to Monkey Coin Exchange, these were taken out by mistake, sorry.
- Prices for Chuhan vs BG gears have been fixed by removing gold bricks from the cost of Chuhan gears and adjusting the price of jasper money and skyline pearls in the market.
- Anan/Bilu/Velonus fashions added to the marketplace for 10 jaden each.
- Gold solaris mount added to marketplace for 20 jaden.
- Added Heaven Trek Seals to Monkey NPC for 5 coins each.
- You now should be able to use astrolabe to travel to Dragon Mountain, Kunlun Wonderland, Imperial Citadel, Seat of Infernal Toil, Affinity Lands and Ancient Lands.
- Lunarshade quest has been edited to give 5 monkey coins instead of a lunarshade stone.
- Lowered the price of Socket Locks to 5 jaden each.
- Jade Scroll 10, 1 star, 2 star, 3 star added to Monkey NPC
- Soulsets can now be downgraded to retrieve components.
- Increased Exploit rewards x5 and Law of Nature Rewards x5.
- MTH and CP Vouchers affinity and chroma rewards have been doubled, with ancient coins replaced by monkey coins.
- Grey named mobs will drop items at normal rates like they did before.
- Secret of Order and Challenge of War cost have been divided by 10.
- Tyche Hat removed from Monkey NPC and replaced with celesphere sand pack for 10 monkey coins.
- Celesphere sand pack x 1 reduced to 2 jadens on marketplace
- Affinity changers prices massively reduced from 200 jaden to 20 jaden.
- Added the Rough Myna Orb to the marketplace for 5 jaden.
- Advanced Meditation Orb has been added to marketplace for 1 jaden
- More prizes added to GM tab.
- Celesphere sand pack x 25 added to monkey NPC for 200 monkey coins.
- Hero Loskens Soul now stands in Billows town.
- We have edited the drops in DL so that provisions and potions will not drop anymore, Honor Gem drop rates have also been doubled.
- Mobs in CP have all been changed to the mobs you would find at the end of the map, they have had their drops edited to take out provisions, merit incense, and dragon muscle. Instead of Dragon Muscle Monkey Coins will drop, so the rate is still low.
Note: This requires a small client update, so be sure to launch from your updater!
We ran out of disk space on a critical partition overnight and everything grinded to a halt. Fixed and back up now, sorry for the trouble.
Full Post Mortem:
The purpose of a post mortem is to explain what happened, why, and why it won't happen again. This is part of our commitment to transparent management.
Today's issue on both Monkey Dynasty and Jade Monkey was caused by a hacking attempt. The attacker, coming from a vietnamese IP (could easily be a proxy) has been "scanning" both sites for vulnerabilities from approximately 11:30AM - 2:30PM EST. In the process, they triggered some slow image resizing processes we use to generate thumbnails for staff page and elsewhere. This generated some large temporary files which filled up a critical partition shared by some key server infrastructure.
The net result was unresponsiveness for multiple services across both Jade Monkey and Monkey Dynasty.
I've restored full service to both servers and websites and have done two things to prevent this from happening in the future. One, I have increased the partition from 20GB to 1TB to house plenty more data should we see a large spike before we have time to respond. Secondly, I've fixed the issue allowing them to resize arbitrary files and create large temporary files filling up this partition. Moving foward, a similar situation will not be possible and any other such problems will take about 500x as long to cause problems, giving me plenty of time to spot + fix it.
Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for your continued support!
As an additionally side note, I have a big presentation I'm preparing for and giving today through the weekend, so I am not available to deploy new patches or do anything other than critical fixes such as this. Expect some big changes when I get back!
We have fixed the fighting confidence quest, Humans will now earn as much FC as Athans.
New customs have finally been released, let me know if you have any issues with them and we will refund or fix them asap. Credits to Sinisterial and Arasha for their hard work.
You will find them on the custom tab of the Banana Stand.
Also, custom titles are now available. Thank you Coolgirl for your help.
You can donate for your own custom title, message us for more details. We will not be adding titles with stats so please don't ask.
Some of the new items have their own icons and some don't, we plan on making icons for all over time.
Please let me know in the comments below if you like this update, what you would like to see in future updates, and if you have any issues with this update.
All the mounts that were not working properly should be fixed now.
Fashions should be tradeable now.
We're another step closer to releasing a large batch of custom items. You should see that soon. The reason it is taking us so long is because we want to make sure that we get as much done in one patch as possible. This coming patch effects some large files and we know some people have limited bandwidth, so it is best for us to try and update these files less often.
This patch includes about 175mb of client updates, so be sure to launch from your updater and give it a little while to update.